Kendal Stewart, M.D. has developed testing, medical programs and protocols to help this rapidly growing class of disorders called NeuroImmune Syndromes. Dr. Stewart and his colleagues have spent years and helped thousands of patients both young and old who are plagued by these disorders. Through the work of Dr. Stewart and his colleagues, NeuroSensory Centers of America will combat these complicated and often frustrating disorders that affect millions of people today.
NeuroImmune Syndromes are those that affect both the nervous system and immune system. Often these disorders are either primary nervous system problems or primary immune system problems, but can often be a combination of both. NeuroImmune Syndromes often found in children include Autism, ADD, ADHD, mitochondrial dysfunction, chronic infections, gastrointestinal issues and muscle tone weakness. In adults, NeuroImmune Syndromes are often different: some symptoms include pain, fatigue, anxiety, cognitive dysfunction and degenerative problems.
What Is a NEUROIMMUNE DISORDER?
- Extremely large and growing group of disorders typically defined by their symptoms
- Affects both the Nervous & Immune System
- Affects people of all ages and up to 30% of population
- 2 major groups of severe disability: Autism and Alzheimer’s
- Everybody knows somebody with these issues
Disorders Commonly Found In Children:
- Autism, ADD, ADHD, PDD, Asperger’s, Learning Disorders
- Asthma and Severe Allergies ( foods, inhalants, chemicals)
- Seizures, Migraines, Hearing Loss, Oculo-motor abnormalities
Disorders Commonly Found In Adults:
- Migraines, Headache, Vertigo, Dizziness, Chronic Fatigue
- Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain, Neuralgias, Neuropathies
- Vertigo, Meniere’s, Acute Hearing Loss,
- Adult ADD, Anxiety Disorders, Depression, Bi-polar
- Auto-Immune Disorders (ie lupus, rheumatoid, etc.)
- Alzheimer’s and Dementias
- Multiple Sclerosis, Lou Gehrig’s, Guillen-Barre